It's 6:52.
Do you know where your children are?
Mine are in bed.
In a related story, why does it seem that Valentine's Day brings more candy into your house than a Golden Ticket? Sweet Jesus, I am in candy overload mode!
I thought I would have to peel their sticky bodies off the walls, they were bouncing so!
I am with Julia and La on the construction paper artwork to show your devotion. Even if you did eat it, it wouldn't be devastating to life and limb...
I think next year I'll beat everyone to the punch and manufacture huge sugar cubes (reminiscent of a deer lick) and install one in my kitchen at about my waist level. That way - I could spare myself having to say - FIFTY TIMES A DAY, "You've had enough sugar." or "Did you just steal another piece of candy?" and "What is this candy wrapper doing in your closet if you didn't sneak another piece?" Or "Are you seriously eating one lollipop for each side of your mouth? Those sticks look like tusks, you goof!"
I have decided that there are two types of memories in life:
Childhood memories and Mom-ories.
Valentine's Day had so much more appeal back then...
Hope your Valentine's Day was a good one.
I will say that this Valentine's Day beats the one a few years ago when I didn't realize eating 4 or 5 pieces of "Sugar-Free" chocolates had the same effect as taking 6 boxes of Ex-Lax...
OY!
And you're welcome for the image...
2 comments:
Brant says he thinks he was there the year you found that out...in choir! He is giggling behind me as I read this aloud to him. I especially like the visual of the sugar-lick at counter-top-ish level. I am imagining your babes (and mine) licking away...and then bouncing off into the living room, off the walls, and ceilings. LOL! Happy V-day to you, too!
I'm just glad I didn't eat any of that sugar free stuff! Ha!
Post a Comment